There is a great thread about SDGN’s PvP system in GGFTW by SmilyT1. Be sure to check that out as I am not going to go through all of the official news in detail when it’s being similar to old school SDGO.
Let’s give a hype news to start this post.
PvP will release in 29th Jan 2016 if everything goes smoothly.I will never tell you that I do not expect things go smoothly…
Alrighty then, let’s review what we have already expected:
- TPS battle. (of course
- Different from PvP, it use 1,2,3,4 buttons to switch weapons. (old school stuff
- When you do and receive certain amount of damage, you will accumulate SP, which activate your passive skill (more old schoo stuff
- Consume your SP to do Special attack. (Is this not SDGO?
- When you are using Special attack when your HP is below 10%, your Special attack will be different compare to original Special, and it will deal more damage.
- There are paper scissors stone mecha-… er-hem… I mean Assault, Shooter and Balance 3 types of unit in PvP rather than 5 in PvE. (Welcome back SdGO
- PvP will be 8v8.
- Developer thought about doing 16v16 and 32v32 in the future if possible.
- There will currently only be Normal mode (both side will keep respawn and continue battle until time up).
- Developer currently have no plan adding other mode yet.
- Most of the units are acquirable from lucky draws
- Not sure if developer is talking about lucky draw shop or other kind of lucky draw.
- The only 2 things that share between PvE and PvP are gold and id. (I think cash too?
- Currently there are 40+ units are ready to be acquirable in PvP.
- Through clearing quests, you will be able to get a number of D ranks units. (YES, D RANK!!
- S rank and A rank units will release every half or a month.
- There are 3 maps available when release.
- Maps are much larger than SDGO used to be.
SDGN plan for February and March:
- Add new PvP map (S3 point)
- New units
- New PvP map and new units
- Introduce weapon customizing system
- Allow user to customize weapon within limited amount of ‘COST point’ to join the battle.
- You can customize each slot of your weapon (1,2,3) with any combinations.
- Developer also mentioned that each unit will have their own special weapons, yet they can still use some general weapons. And weapons will NOT be sold through ‘lucky draw’ method.
Let’s babbling a bit more about weapon customizing system. Remember there was Hyper Hammer RX-78, and then there was normal RX-78 in the SDGO? In SDGN, there will not be a new unit for Hyper Hammer RX-78. Instead, you can customize your RX-78’s weapon to equip Hyper Hammer. There probably will be a limitation, which is COST, that don’t allow you to equip all the strong weapons within a unit. So you will have to choose the weapon combination wisely. I think you might even able to customize your Freedom Gundam to be a pure melee unit. In contrast, there might also be some player customize their weapon that they might not have any melee weapon at all. :3
Lastly, there were some rumors from test server player that talk about his gameplay experience in PvP. Note that anything below are not confirmed.
- Animation cancel mechanism still apply. (!!!)
- For those who did not play SDGO, here is the explanation. In SDGO, for every attack you do, there is a delay after your attack is carried out (e.g. stun after slashing opponent, gun recoil stun after shooting a beam gun). When that delay happen, player can choose to switch weapon to cancel the stun animation, so that he can start his next action earlier.
- However, it is unknown the amount of delay reduced, so its unsure whether it is super useful or doesn’t really matter.
- Combat Dash related tricks from SDGO still apply.
- For those who did not play SDGO, here is the explanation. In SDGO, when you start a melee attack, there is a dash with longer startup delay before releasing the first slash. Pretty much feel like the current PvE basic attack, except that combat dash does NOT consume any boost. This combat dash only happen when there are any enemy locked on by the system. That means if system determine that player does not lock on to any enemy, combat dash will not happen and the slash will release immediately.
- e.g. so called “Zero-Boost Slash” (ZBS) (I try to avoid goes into detail because I found that my understanding toward game mechanism is so different compare to majority of English Community player
- Melee combo like [1->1->1->1->(weapon swap animation cancel + zbs)->1->1->1->1->1] unbroken link still do-able in SDGN.
- “Quick Snipe” trick from SDGO is no more as there won’t be any delay on going in and out of sniping mode.
- There is no animation for switching weapons and sniping mode
Here is all the info I can get. GLHF guys. If there is anything, be sure to leave a comment below or join the facebook community.